Im in love with my ex-boyfriend, my first love. what do I do?

I found my ex-boyfriend on myspace and it has brought back old feelings. We didn't have a bad break up, we just kinda grew apart and lost touch. I never got closure and Im not sure what really happend. I recently found out that he went to jail should I write him and ask him what happened between us? I am married and I know my husband will not like it. I can't stop thinking about my ex, should I write him so that I can move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• He was in jail, isn't that closure? I would thank my lucky stars that I didn't end up with someone in jail! Don't write to him, just get over it.
    jamieandjohnny

Answer by jamieandjohnny at 10:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• he sounds like a catch why would you not want to contact him? oh wait...thats right Youre MARRIED

would you like it if your DH went and contacted his first love who obviously wasnt that much of a catch to land in jail?
    Ex's are ex's for a reason! Leave them in the past and forget about him!!!
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 10:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would let the past be in the past. I know how you feel, there was a time I still wanted to be with my ex-fiance and sometimes I still do think about him. But, I tell myself that we are not together for a reason and things are better left alone.
    Anonymous

• If he went to jail, then he obviously has done some less than desireable things, hasnt he? You never forget the ones you love, ever... Love isnt something you can turn on and off like a light switch. Since you are married now, I would just leave it alone. You wont be able to correspond with him without your husband knowing, and it wouldnt be fun keeping secrets from him anyway. Sometimes we have to tuck those feelings in the back of our hearts and move on, no matter how much it hurts! I hope this helped...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you are in love wiht this person you grew apart from? i think not. you're doing the married woman remembers things better than they were thing. we all do it from tiem to time. you have to ask yourslef how far you would be willing to go. would you leave your husband for htis guy? don't even go there. one day soon myspace is going to be a legitimate cause for divorce.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• No do not contact him. If it didn't work out before why would you try to talk to him again. You are married I am sure your husband would be very upset it he knew this. Leave the guy alone!
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 4:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Let him be. You are not with him for a reason. Think about what you have now. You'll never forget someone you loved, but I would be grateful he wasn't the one I ended up with esp since he ended up in jail. That is not something I would want for my s/o.
    My2Midgets01

Answer by My2Midgets01 at 5:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Well...I am married and my ex is in jail too. I saw him on myspace before he went to jail. He was not very nice to me...to put it nicely. Have you been with your husband for a long time? I believe that people come into our lives and forever change us for whatever reason they are suppose to. Then we go on with the next step in our life and for you it was to be married. I loved my ex in a very different way than my husband. My husband is my best friend and I love him very much. My ex was basically a cheater and was addicted to many types of drugs. He made me a much stronger woman and I believe that is why God put him in my life. I had a feel sorry kind of love for him...like I wanted to save him by showing him how to love and be loved. You can't do that to people who don't love themselves enough. Also, some people say you want what you can't have and maybe the chase of it all and the being secret is what you are wanting subconsciouly...I don't know.
    kennedymommie

Answer by kennedymommie at 10:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• considering he is in jail,why would you want to wreck what you have now? for get about this old love you moved on, so stay on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Girl, you chose to marry your husband. You made your bed, now lay in it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008