I lose my medicad I am highly upset and what can I do:

Right now I just wont to give up I have an 18 year old daughter who was born with Downe;s Syndrome and in March started with seizures and is not home schooled well here I am with the pink eye I went to the er Monday the lady let me know there was a problem with my Medicad call my worker I was about to leave and she said do you still wont to be seen okay I said.

Here I had her teacher get the over the counter drops doctor told me but I could not get my prescrption drops if I run out of the over the counter drops I am no good my eye still looks bad and here I got my daughter here nobody to help me my worker was kinda smart about it to I wanted to cuss her out for real why dont they let you know this before you say like me had to go the ER I would of felt like folling out if I had of been turned away.

Worker told me to call 211 I wonder can I apply for my daughter's insurance she has VA premier

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• They are supposed to send you aletter along with the reason they dropped you. Maybe you were supposed to recertify and didn't send the information? You may need to reapply all over again, but if you are approved they will usually cover any unpaid medical expenses within the last 3 months, like your ER visit.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Have you applied for SSI or a medicaid waiver for your DD? She should qualify for free or reduced health care through the state as long as you are with in the income brackets The brackets for SSI and a medical waivers are higher than they are for any other assistance so because you qualify for noth8ing else doesn't mean you won't qualify for those things,.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• They dont just drop your medicaid without notice. You get notifid by mail when that happens. Usually every 6-12 months you have to recertify if you havent done that then that might be why you got dropped. Go back to social services and reapply.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'd check with my 'worker' to ask why I hadn't been notified. Then go from there.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Gemgem is right.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011