Whats the longest you have been in labor or heard someone was?

First time mommy, well not just yet in december I will be and I am thinking about how long I will be in labor for...eeeeek.

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 8:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My longest was 13.5 hours and that was my 4th baby. My 1st baby was actually easy. Only 4-5 hours.

Answer by gemgem at 8:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I only had labor with the first (vbac was nit recommended for me with #2) I was in labor for 34+ hours. A friend of mine was having contractions for 4 days that were 15-20 min apart before the induced her after that it was about 10 hours.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Friday - Wednesday....

I would have contractions for 5 or 6 hours.... then stop for 5 or 6 hours
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 8:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• With my first, I went into labor Friday afternoon and delivered Tuesday afternoon. You figure it out.
    The second, I had some tinges went to the hospital and had the baby a couple three hours later. The nurses had the nerve to tell me that just because it was my due date did not mean I was going to have the baby then. And then boom.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My first was off and on labor for 2 days and HARD labor for 18 hours. But as soon as he started coming, there was no stopping him :) He came so fast the doctor almost missed him. That poor nurse was having a heart attack thinking she was going to have to deliver him before the doctor got there :) She kept hitting the call button for the doctor. I bet she hit it 50 times in those 3 minutes :) I'm really hoping this one will be a shorter labor. It really sucks to go to the hospital at 3 in the morning, stay there for 5 hours, then get sent home because you are only 3 cm. I was 3 cm for 2 freakin' days!
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My 1st child was the only one I went into labor with as I was told he could go either way (vag. or c-section) and we would not know until it was labor and delivery time. Contractions and such started at 4am on a Monday morning, and he was not born until 1pm the next day-- and then that ended up being a c-section. I really wish they would have just done the c-section to begin with.... all that labor pains, not getting pain meds (after 1st dose wore off due to a prick doctor), problems with epidural... and pushing for hours with no results..... I was soooo glad my 2nd and 3rd were planned c-sections so I did not have to go thru labor again!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My 1st was 36 hours. My last (5th) was a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My first was 19 hours (17 at the hospital because my family wanted me there the minute they found out i was in labor..) Second was 7.5 hours after being induced (but i had had my labor stopped 3 times prior at the hospital) Don't worry about the labor and stuff. I found the easiest thing for me to deal with it was (not breathing like the nurses tell you) but i would close my eyes and remember that the contractions are normally over pretty quick and that soon the baby would be here.. If you have to, sing songs in your head to try and ease your mind. PLUS the more you tense up from the contractions, the worse the pain is.. So try to stay relaxed, as a woman we are equipped to do this!! Good luck!
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 1:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011