Weight!!!

Ok so last week we had a family get together for our daughter. We somehow got on the subject of losing weight. Since had my daughter 4 months ago I have lost 35 lbs but I still want to lose another 30 lbs but thats besides the point. I and my sister take after our dads side of the family. they are all very large people. I am definitaly a lot smaller than they are. My sister is well over 300 lbs along with a few other members of our family.

The next day I called my MIL to ask her a question about planting something and she got on the subject about fat people. She kept telling me how big and fat my sister is and that after she has her surgery that she is going to have the extra skin hanging on her and what does she plan on doing about it. Well I'm close to my sister but as her sister I feel some things I shouldnt ask about. My SIL is also a heavy woman who has struggled with her weight for a very long time and my MIL proceeds to tell me that my sister is even bigge than her. Look I have eyes and I can see for myself just how big my sister is.

Now the kicker, my MIL then tells me that my sister and I are built a lot like my dad. So I am about half the weight that my sister is and I'm trying like hell to lose the weight but I didn't need to be categorized with my obese sister and father. I just felt like that was a round about way of my MIL calling me fat. What do you think and what would you have said in my situation? I just got really quiet and then got off the phone after she said that and haven't really talked to her since. I got off the phone and cried to my husband and he said well my mom just doesn't think before she talks. I also talked to my overweight SIL and she said basically the same thing that the woman has no filter and just says the most rude things. Oh and I should mention that this woman isn't exactly skinny. Now she is in no way fat but she has meat on her and she really has no right talking about fat people.

I guess the one good thing that came out of this was that I am working even harder now to lose the weight. I go for walks with my kids everyday for 30 minutes and then at night I workout on the eliptical machine and now I am watching everything that gets put into my mouth. I just feel so unbelievably horrible that she would say that to me.

I am putting this in two categories:health and relationships.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• yea i under-stand how she made u feel but just eat salads & fruit smoothies & just be pround of your self love your family & rember god loves u just don"t give up if u need a friend e-mail me i won"t jude u any-one barbiedeeharris @yahoo.com
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thanks!!! I exercise and watch what I eat and I haven't lost a pound yet and I have been doing this for about 3 weeks. It's so frustrating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011