My son dont like his p-paw

My son told me i dont like p-paw. He asked me do you like p-paw. The turth is I cant sand him I dont even like him. What should I do. Please help.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 4:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would just tell him there are going to be people in and out of his life that he may not like, even family but that he still should respect them.

Anonymous

• here is a little back info. p-paw is a bully and my hubby sees it and dont say anything because it is his dad. I put his dad in his place and when i do i get yelled at by hubby. Then if i dont he tells me i should take up for the kids he wont do it but he wants me to put his dad in his place.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 6:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think that its a parents job to protect there children from negative adults even if they are family members. As the prev. poster said "I would just tell him there are going to be people in and out of his life that he may not like, even family but that he still should respect them." Its up to the parents to make sure that he is not abused verbally or physically.  If visit with p-paw are not a good experience I would keep them far and few between.  There is time for him to learn how to defend himself, a kid his age should not have to deal with being made to feel uncomfortable by someone like his grandparent. 

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i remember where you are coming from on this....i would take a good long think.....has p paw showen this side of him to your son? is son picking up on this.? if you do not trust him i would not leave them alone together.

i know i have friction with my mom. For years my son thought the world revolved around her. i tried my best to not let my feelings be knowen to son also. but then i'd say when he turned 11 he was like...mom did you notice that your mom is just not right? i don't really like going over there. so they pick up on it really fast!
    mamakat12

Answer by mamakat12 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We,my son,hubby&myself lived with my dad and step-mom for almost a year,my dad is very controlling,verbally abusive to the point my son stuttered,would get sick to his stomach etc. My dad knew we didnt have the money to move out at the time and took full advantage to be verbally mean to all of us,I did what I could to protect my son and at times it was imposible,my son loves his grandpa but also dont like him at all,my dad would buy things for my son then take it away from him,believe me I dont go around them and my son maybe twice a month,he loves his grandma and she has always been good to my son but would sit back and let my dad treat him like shit,my son is 7 and has a mind of his own and how he feels,his visits are rare anymore and its up to my son when he gets older too if he wants anything to do with him,my dad has caused all this.I tell my son"well you know how you will be treated so its up to you to go over there.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 15, 2009