I'm only 26 and i've been physically inactive since high school....why do I hurt?

When I exercise my ankles, wrists, hands, and sometimes other joints ache. It's not like my muscles burning, it's a painful ache, maybe like arthritis or something? Will it pass once I get physically fit again? I've never experienced this when I would exercise when I was younger and it's pretty painful. I just want some light at the end of the tunnel.
I am overweight, but I've always been overweight.....just used to be way more active than I am now.
Should I just take ibuprophen before I work out/exercise and just deal? Will it go away once I lose some of this weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You need more activity.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Talk to your doctor
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would say it's most likely your joints protesting because of the excess weight on them.....so yes, take iboprofen or aleeve, eat clean within your calories and stick it out.....as weight comes off this will improve.

I have bad knees from old injuries and they crack when I go up stairs or even just walk, but once i'm warmed up my knees are fine and since losing 30 pounds the stress on them is a LOT less and so is the cracking!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mom2Jack04....my knees pop and crack too! crazy! I guess i'll see what happens when I lose some of this weight!

Thanks for all the advice all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• it is because when you were younger you didnt work out like you should had or exercised. that is why my mom keep telling me that i need to walk or that my baby will be stuck to my belly when it is time for me to push.
    mommystarr_2012

Answer by mommystarr_2012 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Losing some weight and getting active will make a huge difference. I've been losing weight (I was 269, now I'm about 206), and I already feel a HUGE difference in my joints. I actually started running last September, and my knees have gotten used to it. You can do it too!! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• i agree that losing some weight will help ease the stress on some of your joints, but the pain in your wrists/hands are not caused by your weight. If I were you, I would visit my doctor to rule out any arthritis or bursitis or anything else. Plus, it's always a good idea to see your doctor before starting any exercise and or diet regimen. Hope all goes well.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 11:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• talk to your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011