• In the Spotlight:

Abortion(s) after 20 weeks

I'm 21 wks and having an abortion on the 15th. Can someone who has had a later abortion please give me some advice? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Please, please reconsider. Although i can't imagine what pain you must be going through personally to make you feel like there are no other options, I think you will feel aweful about this one day. You're already more than halfway done, please consider giving the baby to a nice family that hasn't been as lucky. You're more than halfway and through your whole life there won't be anything more precious you can ever give to someone. Please don't, the baby is already sucking his or her thumb - its already a little boy or girl. Please think about it. 21 weeks is so late and you are already more than halfway! you can make someone a mommy fifteen weeks from now - maybe less! I will not preach or judge you - you'll get plenty of that on this site, but please, please reconsider
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• the biggest issue imo is the mental one. it's normally a two part procedure, the first part where they insert something to make your cervix dialate and the second to remove the tissue. medically, it's no big deal if you go to a reputable medical facility. mentally, it's all in how you deal with abortions in general and whether or not how far along you are affects your opinion on them.

if your reasoning for having an abortion is sound, and you really cannot go through with the pregnancy for whatever reason, just keep that in mind and dont beat yourself up over it later. we all have to do what we have to do to survive.
    Anonymous

• I would do it your too far along. I mean I don't believe in abortion anyway but besides that. If you don't want the child contact me I know someone who does.
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 10:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't want to give it up for adoption, but I can't handle another kid right now. It has taken me a while to save up the $ to do this. All I'm looking for is some advice from women who have been where I am.
    Anonymous

• HERES SOME ADVICE: YOU WILL DEFININTLY WITHOUT A DOUBT 1005 REGRET IT LATER ON, ESPECIALLY IF YOU GO ON TO HAVE KIDS LATER ON YOU'LL FEEL HORRIBLE FOR NOT GIVING THAT ONE A CHANCE TO BE A PART OF YOUR LIFE. GEEZ WHY DON'T YOU JUST GIVE THE BABY UP FOR ADOPTION????????? PLEASE? IT'S YOUR FAULT YOUR PREGNANT NOT THE BABY'S. YOU HAD SEX! YOU KNOE SEX = BABIES SO BE MATURE AND DON'T KILL IT FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH REASONS. THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WANTING A CHILD AND WOULD LOVE TO ADOPT.
    Anonymous

• I have to urge you to please reconsider. I am 23 weeks right now. Don't you realize what you have right now?
    Your baby is 10½ inches and ¾ pound. His skin has changed from translucent to opaque. If your baby's a girl, her womb and vagina are formed. She will have 6 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby’s tongue is fully formed and he is strengthening his muscles with movement. His bones are hardening and movements are coordinated. He may be doing some gymnastics inside you at this very minute. Back flips and somersaults are entirely possible, and they are great practice for his leg and arm muscles.
    Swallowing is becoming a steady activity with baby. The digestive system is already at work!
    He can hear all that goes on around him. And when you eat and drink, he eats and drinks.
    This is a life. A very well developed one. Please give this baby to someone who wants it.
    Have you seen the pictures of a baby once it is aborted?
    google i
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• WHY in the world don't you want to give it up for adoption?! What in the world is wrong with you?
    Anonymous

• You do know that they take the baby almost all the way out of you leaving just enough in to say it's not killing. Then they inject it with some stuff and suck the baby's brains out with a vacum like thing and it can feel it and it squirms around while their doing it because it's ALIVE. A woman actually watched this, she said it's feet were kicking while the doc was doing it and she just then realized how horrible it was and that it was an actual baby being killed, suffering and feeling pain.
    Anonymous

• i completely agree that you should truely reconsider, i am not one to judge, but being so far along causes so many risks, i mean by the time you actually go to get it done how far along will you be then? please for your sake (emotionally and physically) reconsider and look into giving to a loving family that would see that child as a gift. and what could be a better gift then the gift of a child.
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I think all these women who are answering you anonymously are chicken sh#t. If they really wanted to help you , they would be kind and not bash the hell out of you. I haven't been where you are and will not give advice.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2008