How to get yourself hydrated without going to the hospital?

ok so I have been having contractions all week and I am only 31 weeks as of yesterday well I am actually starting to think I might be a little dehydrated. I got contractions with my first baby 3 weeks before my due date and they said it was from a UTI and dehydration. I did call my doctor yesterday so he does know I had the contractions. But I didn't think oif the dehydration part and the office is closed today. But I keep feeling thirsty. I drink water litterly all day long. 2 days ago I did drink gatorade. But I wake up in the middle of the night with my throat so dry and during the day I feel thirsty even after drinking water. Is there anything else I can drink to hydrate me rather than going to the hospital and paying for a hospital bill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The most obvious solution is drinking water, gatorade is good, those lfie drinks with lots of vitamins in it are great. Fresh oranges, grapes things like that with natural juices. Eat some crackers then drink something..it will get things moving. :)
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Drink water. It's fine that you wake up thirsty, drink more water. All day, every day.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Drink water.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• gatorade and g2 things like that are the best thing to keep you from being dhydrated..they have elctrolights in them that water doesnt..yes keep drinking that too and if the contractions dont stop call the on call doc just to make sure your not goin into labor...also try laying swn on your left or right side for awhile see if that helps...good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• there isn't no oncall doctor. You call the office and it goes through to the emergency line you tell that nurse what is going on then she will page the doctor with your phone number He doesn't have an on call doctor. They had me lay on my left side yesterday which helped only for a bit, but it is hard to do that when you have a 6 year old and a 3 year old that constantly want something the minute you sit or lay down. I have noone to help me what so ever and my dh can't afford to take time off work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2011