Did your baby have no interest in his father?

I guess this question is more directed at nursing moms, since you do most of the bonding with baby was baby unhappy around dad or just uninterested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• here is a link on dads and breastfeed babies http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/prepare/bf-links-father.html Father's can do so many things for bonding such as diaper changes, bath time, etc. My sons both loved sleeping on daddy's chest.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• At first when eating and sleeping was all my son wanted to do then yes he was more attached to me then anyone else, but now that he is getting bigger and stays awake longer (he is 4 months old on saturday) and he wants to play he LOVES his daddy and gets excited when he comes home and he sees him, I guess I kinda helped that along though because I started asking dad to do more with him like just sit with him while I was on the comp or changing him getting him ready for the day stuff like that
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My breastfed baby is extremely attached to me (he is 8 months and hit a clingy stage), if I'm around he wants me. But if I'm not around, Daddy is everything. I know that Dad doesn't always feel as loved by baby as I do, because of the very strong nursing bond, but that will change with time. Already he sees Daddy as a hilarious entertainer. Dad also puts him to bed every night, so they get some bonding time too.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No! I nursed in the beginning but for the first couple weeks my son was a complete Daddy's boy. It wasn't until Daddy got a new job working seriously long hours and I was at home with him all day that he became a Momma's boy!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Basically what I meant to say with all that is that yes, babies will sometimes be uninterested in Dad, but it will change. Just make sure Dad is making an effort to bond with baby, and eventually they'll have a strong bond.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We have this problem. I am definitely our daughter's favorite. She does get a lot of special time with DH though, so I'm confident that it is a phase that will pass.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nope, my guy (5 months) LOVES his daddy... they have so much fun together! They have a very strong bond. I think he might favor me just a tiny bit more because I feed him...
    We will see how things are when he is a bit older.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nope my little man is obsessed with his daddy and always has been. Now that he's talking the says dada all the time even though he know more words than that, including mama.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2008