How often to you wash your hair?

Every hairstylist I've been to says every 3 days to keep the oil down. Mine builds up after ONE. I have to wash it. What about yall?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have seriously curly hair being part irish I got that part from my dad lol. I wash mine about every 2 days. I do use conditioner though daily.

Answer by gemgem at 9:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Everyone is different.  I shampoo and condition every day because my hair is oily and unmanageable in the mornings.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• About every other day, sometimes every three in the winter.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well it depends on you hair type, and how much work it is too style it. I have a mop of hair and it takes me an hour to do it , I wash every other day in the summer and every 3rd day in the winter. There is a product called Dirty Secret by Tigi, you spray it lightly on the roots and in absorbs the oil and makes your hair really easy to style. If you have color, it really is best to go everyother day to protect it. hope this helps.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• every scalp is different. some can go longer than 3 days, and some can't go more than one day. the amount of oil production, dirt, sweat, product accumulation, hair textures..it all plays into individual cleansing needs.
    there is no universal schedule for shampooing. the hairdressers you've been to are not very knowledgeable.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• everyday
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It took some training but now I can go 2-4 days with no issues. I have long hair so if I wash it to often it dries out the ends.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My dermatologist said every day. I usually do wash it every day, but sometimes let it go an extra day.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Every other day. If I wash it everyday it gets dried out
    VegasJellyFish

Answer by VegasJellyFish at 9:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Every morning, and usually again at night. I wash it whenever I shower, and I will not skip a day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2011