To get a tattoo or not to....

my aunt has promised me tats for every bday and christmas for for yrs....thats 9 tats (my last bday was may) soooooo

shes in town and wants to do it friday morning. her birthday party is friday evening and my grandma is a snobby bitch that wanted it at her house and not my moms but didnt say anything so its going to be at my moms anyways.... and shes throwing ANOTHER one on SATURDAY for HER friends (she a real keeping up with the jonses type) my dilemma is that the closest tat shop is an hour away, and the girls are going but the car seats 5, me, my aunt, grandma and the 2 girls. i WANT my hubby there since its my first tat but they wont understand WHY. neither of them have any sense of dedication or loyalty whatsoever so they wont 'get' why i want him to be there......(and the tat is to commemrate OUR daughters anyways!)

and we dont have our own car

what hit me last night is what if my grandma is so phsyco (and she can be) that she dosent take us home in time for the party just cuz shes mad its not at her house? thats be something shed do too......dh is gonna ask his sisters if we can borrow a car but its not definite......

so should i take the chance and get them done w/o hubby (if we cant borrow a car) and possibly miss the party or just say no?

>.< ive been waiting YEARS for this.....

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 9:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• How does he feel about possibly not being there? What a crazy grandma! Maybe ya'll should leave HER home, and take hubby? IDK, trick her or something. Hire a male stripper to keep her busy.

This is a dilemma. I'd want hubby there, very much. But, if he can't be there, then I'd say the two of you should draw one up. I prefer to do that anyway, then NO one can have that same on. Many people walk in and pick one off the wall or out of the books. Look online at different ones. Print some out, combine some if you need to, change them up. Make one yours. Or totally make up your own.

Also, have you tried explaining to everyone the importance of having your hubby there with you? Maybe they will understand after all?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Id go get one without him. It isnt that big a deal in the long term if he is there. He will see it every day.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• How bad do you want the tattoo? If you want it bad and you know the only way you can get it is if your aunt pays you might have to go without the hubby to get it done if he can't get a ride there. If it is a big deal that he has to be there for it you may have to wait. How hurt will your hubby be if he isn't there? If he is ok with not being there for it then I say go for it if you think you can handle it without him. I have 11 tattoos and hubby has only been there for 5 of them. My first was with my best friend. So if someone coming with you is a really good friend/family member you may be alright without hubby there. Good luck
    VegasJellyFish

Answer by VegasJellyFish at 9:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have 8 tats and have always believed they need to be done with a pure mind and in a healthy environment, with no negative energy. Its YOUR tattoo on YOUR body, so do what YOU want. Can I ask why the need for an audience though? If I was you I wouldn't bring anyone except your aunt and husband..but that's just me. I've had to tell people I didn't want them to be there, even after they thought they would be. Its a tattoo parlor, not a coffee shop lol Good luck with whatever you do!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011