Intimidated of my child

Sometimes I feel scared to take care of my son, especially because I know he's gonna scream and be whiney! Why do I feel like this? I feel sad to be alone with him all day sometimes because he can be a handful and it's so tiring, don't get me wrong, I love him more than anyone in this world, I just can't understand why I feel like this. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• How old is your child? It sounds like you coudl be depressed, I think you should talk to someone about how your feeling,, hugs momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It sounds like you're experiencing a bout of depression. Talk about it with your doctor, your family, and if you start to feel like you need help, get it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• how old is he? PPD? is he your first? you might just be scared and nervous about "messing up." but rest assure, you'll do fine. mommy instincts take over and you'll do great :) might be lack of sleep to if you aren't getting much...that can really take a toll!
    preemiemommy

Answer by preemiemommy at 9:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• All the time. Seriously. I have 4 kids ages 4 and under and I'm constantly feeling inadequate to raise my kids because all they do is whine and scream. But I get in there and do what needs to be done reguardless. You have to look at the whining and screaming as their reaction to their emotions that they can't put into words. Understand it like that and you can stay calmer and realize it's not you that's causing it, they just don't know how to convey their feelings into words yet. So I go through the list of asking them their needs and feelings : do you feel sad, do you need something, are you hungry, do you want some water???......then I get whatever it is that I know that comforts them, blankets, stuffed animal. Keep them busy with stuff to do, because kids get bored too. Switch up where you are at....if your inside, get outside or go to the store or park. If your are outside already, maybe they're tired and need a nap.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with the depression as well. It may just help to go see someone and search within yourself for the answers.
    BeachyBabe

• Well how old is he? It could be postpar depression if he is still an infant
    MommysAngels744

Answer by MommysAngels744 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with the depression comment.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Getting evaluated for any kind of depression couldn't hurt. Don't beat yourself up. Relax you'll know what's best. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011