This might be stupid but.. what is??

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program?

Does that include WIC and Food Stamps? Or just the money part?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think TANF is just the money part. Food stamps is a seperate program by the Federal govt that provides nutritional assistance. WIC is another program for pregnant women and children under 5 to help insure they get the nutrients they are supposed to get. So I think its all different.

Answer by gemgem at 9:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• TANF (depending on your state i think) will give you $1000 all at once for the year or a monthly amount. But you have to go to the resource center they have and do like 30 job searches or apps a month. when my dh was unemployed last time i applied for it and we would only get a montly amount of $59 for 3 people, 1 of them being 2 and still in diapers.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• To add to dreamangel, I have met 2 women recently who went and applied and they had to go through some kind of work preparedness thing. They will pay for daycare for children under 5, but it is up to you to pay for the other children if they are older. This is a mandatory thing and if you miss a day, not only do you lose your chance for the cash, but your food stamps and medicaid too.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2011