Is there anyhing i can do?

my one year old had a fever of 102 for a few days now the fevers gone and she has a really bad heat rash (i believe) all over her i was just wonderin if there was anything i could do to help the rash? its all over her and alot or if i leave it alone should it just go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call the pediatrician.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The fever was there and then the rash? Are you sure it is not chicken pox? Keep in mind you CAN get chicken pox even if you get vaccinated. Everyone in our house has been vaxed and they all still got them. Verified by the doc.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would not assume it was a heat rash. Best to talk to your doctor's office and get their opinion. Could be a lot of other things more serious than heat rash.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You need to visit the doctore, Reye's Syndrome can present this way, just take the baby in,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a virus. Call the doctor, but there is probably nothing they can do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Call the doc.
    anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Someone mentioned chicken pox and another mentioned reyes syndrome. Understand, though they are telling you that you need to get your child immunized to keep them from dying from the chicken pox, it is NOT the chicken pox that started the whole vaccination. Chicken pox is a virus and a woman in Florida gave her son aspirin when he had it. The aspirin in turn caused the reyes syndrome, which in turn killed the child. I'm not saying that to worry you. But they don't tell you everything and they need to. Scaring people with your kid might get the measles if they don't get this shot is a bad thing, tell all, everything. It could be nothing. The baby could have roseola which is just a rash from the fever and is not contagious. Meantime you can wash the baby in an oatmeal bath to help. But I agree, see the doctor.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Other than calling / going to the doctor (do this first), perhaps you could give her a cooling bath with some baking soda thrown in to sooth the rash.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with attap5. Definitely see the doctor, AND . . . it could ALSO be scarlet fever. Especially if someone in the house has had strep throat recently. That would require antibiotics.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My son just turned 15 mths, and in march right before his birthday he started having a 104+ fever and for three nights i was rushing him to the doctor every night because it kept going higher and they never could find anything wrong. his fever finally broke so we just let it go. Well, in April, he started having a fever again, but this time he quit eating and lost about 8 lbs in less than a week. We took him to a completely different hospital because his fever shot up to 105.4. the first thing they checked was his throat and he ended up having tonsilitis. So if your babty has a rash and the temp is that high watch for other symptoms as well, bc sometimes its ok for a baby to have a temp as long as no other life threatening symptoms occur. thats what the doctor told me but if a temp goes higher than 104 he/she needs to be checked!!
    laytonsmommy10

Answer by laytonsmommy10 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011