Can u take prenantal vitamins

Someone told me u can take prenatal vitamins when ur not pregnant. They said it will be easy to get pregnant if u are taking them?

alexfoss

Asked by alexfoss at 9:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know about easy, but yes, you can take them.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can take the prenatal vitamins; if you don't get pregnant, you'll just have expensive pee. They'll only make it easier to get pregnant if you had a deficiency in something.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sure you can take them - it won't hurt but it might get expensive. I had trouble getting some really good prenatal vitamins at my health food store because non-pregnant women kept buying them! I don't know that you can get pregnant easier taking them but if you are taking them and get pregnant, you are already doing something right.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can take them. My DR had me continue w/my regular mult-vitamin and add folic acid. Also, look at what your hubby can do. Loser underwear, cooler showers and there is a vitamin/herbal suppement that men can take as well...drawing a blank. (sorry). Also, during sex prop up pelvis with pillows so all the sperm get down where they need to be plus stay with your pelvis propped up for 20-30 minutes. Hope this helps...Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Definitely can take them, it probably won't make it easier to get pregnant but it will help to ensure your body has all the stuff it needs for growing a baby when you do get pregnant. Especially helpful if you are queasy during to entire first trimester like I am.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011