my son is 15 months and 2 weeks old and he cant say not even 1 word!!! help!

is that normal? any of you have kids like mine?

TeenMom17-Mszy

Asked by TeenMom17-Mszy at 5:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my boys are 17months and says 25+ words. they are startign to try to put words together.
    Have you had his ears cheked out.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• every kid is different, my son began talking when he was like a 13 months i think.and he's now two, but my neighbours kid is 27months and still doesnt speak a word, i think its pretty normal if not your doc. would of told you something about when they checked him for his 1 yr! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• its also common that boys take longer to speak.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes i got his ears checked, they said he was fine. wat else could it be?
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 5:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My Dr said they'd like at lest 3 - 5 words by 18 mos...my LO is 15 mos and she pretty much only says DaDa...the only time she says MaMa is when she's crying so I can't even tell if she's really saying it or it's just happening cause of how she's crying...

I mentioned it at our 15 mo check and he said instead of trying to make her say what I want pay attention to the things that interest her and repeat those words to her. Mine is such a busy bee she won't sit still and look at my face to see me "make" the sounds...which is why he suggested trying that...she hasn't said anything 'per se' but she seems to be making an effort at times...

Good Luck!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Although it is common for boys to talk later than girls, if you are concerned you should contact your ped. The first thing they'll do is check his hearing. My 16 month old can say a few words. He's not making sentences yet, but he can say "mo" (more) and "dat" (what's that") NO! , stop, bear, pup pup, "ki" cat, mama, daddy, bubber (brother) tea, please and "tantu" (thank you) and a few more random words. His ped said that he should say at least 20 (not sure the exact #) by 18 months. Again, if you think it's not normal then you really should talk to your ped. GL

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Hey!

I have two sweet girls, and I do think he should be talken. Have you took him to see his DR. ? Do you make him ask for things, because if you have just bin doing hear and there that could have something to do with it. And I have a friend and her son will be 2 in june and he dont talk much. he can say mom and dad but not much more. but she never made him talk. but she is going to take him to his DR. . But I would just get him to try small words like ( red, car, bath, dog, cat, ect) Make time to teach him how to say the words. Well I hope everything works out. fill free to chat anytime. Have a nice day.
    bwfamily

Answer by bwfamily at 5:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Have you had his hearing tested? My son didn't talk either..then we found out he couldn't hear and needed tubes in his ears! The same day he had them put in, he went up to the t.v. and turned the volume down!
    distressing

Answer by distressing at 5:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I see you had his ears checked...by who..an audiologist?
    distressing

Answer by distressing at 5:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't think hearing has anything to do with it. You'd know if your child couldn't hear. Mine is exactly the same age yours is, 15 months and 2 weeks and has yet to say a word either. He calls everything a dada. Just keep working with him. My ped said he's fine and kids progress at their own speed when they want to. Don't rush it!!! Once he starts talking, he will never shut up and ask you a million questions. So enjoy it while you can, but keep repeating words over and over and telling him what objects are
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008