Do you think someone on death row should get to request their last meal and have a shot to calm them down? of

Remember...they are on death row for a reason.

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 9:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No to both. A murderer doesn't generally allow their victim/s a choice of a meal prior to killing them, why on earth should they get one. Double that for the drink. Wth? Did they care if their victim was calm?

I agree with others. Knock off the years and years of people sitting on death row and do it within 30 days (personally I'd be ok with sentence them, drag them out behind the courthouse, and shoot them). The endless appeals is constant torture for the family/friends of the victim and generally nothing more than endless expense and paperwork for the taxpayers. If there is video, dna evidence, a confession, etc. they shouldn't get a single appeal. Those who think there is any comfort to be found in 20 years of appeals and court appearances have a very odd opinion of what is comforting imo.

Those who take it upon themselves to deprive another of life itself lose ALL rights to kindness. They should get what they gave.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no...there are usually only on death row because they killed someone in a really awful manor or killed several people and I would assume they didn't offer their murder victim/s a last anything!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No. Their victim didn't get either of those things.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sure offer them a shot. Then give them water. Why extend a courtesy they did not extend their victims?

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• nope
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If they showed no mercy to their victim then perhaps no mercy should be shown to them at the hour of their death.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 9:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yep I do. They are still human.

Answer by gemgem at 9:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't think we should pander to them at all. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, have a trained sniper walk into their cell, hold a gun point blank to their head and pull the trigger.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, it is their last meal BUT on the other hand, why should they be afforded that courtesy when they didn't give it to their victim(s).

Definitely not on the fence about the shot ... HELL NO they should not get a shot to "calm them down".
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't think so. I mean, I think of the most recent, very publicized case of Caylee Anthony, and I have to say no. That poor baby was probably scared to death.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2011