My fiancee's ex wife keeps keying my car every time I get a new one. What can I do about it?

The first one was a 2004 Dodge Intrepid, she dug her key into the side. I called the cops and told them what happened, and they tried to get a confession. I saw her by my car when I assume she did it but didn't think anything about it. She finally admitted it to her sister, whom I happened to be friends with at the time, but the cops couldn't do anything. She told me it was her. Then my Ford recently got keyed last summer. Scribbles on the side. Today, she came to pick up something for the kids that we left out for her. She didn't know I was home with the baby. After she left, I went out to look and there was a deep scratch on it, it looked like she swiped it as she walked by it. What can I do legally to get her to stop. I just got this car like two weeks ago. Landlord wont allow a camera installed. Also, my parking space is out of site of my apartment. Help!

CidneAndNaomi

Asked by CidneAndNaomi at 5:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• If you have some money to spare, I would get a small camera and place it inside the car and have it on at all times. This way you can prove she did it! How immature of her...I really hate people that do things like that. A car is a huge investment!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Park further away when you know she's coming by -- that way she'd have to be REAL obvious about doing it. It sucks that you would have to do that; but if you can't catch her on tape and the cops won't help otherwise...aside from not allowing her at your home and doing a "meet-up" to exchange the kids; IDK what else you can do -- Good luck
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Well id key her face!!!!! but maybe leave something like that out for her to pick up again and hide with a video cam and get her on tape!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• How awful! Can you get a picture of her doing it? Could you afford a detective to watch and take a picture for proof? Would that help, even, to have proof.

Answer by Bmat at 5:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can't really do anything unless you catch her in the act. She sounds like a bitter and jealous person. You can install a camera if you can afford one, just point it towards your car. Sorry I can't be of more help, but there's not much you can do without proof.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Try to get that on tape and then don't hesitate to press charges or sue her! what a bxxch.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Thanks, all of you! I don't know how much taping I can do, there's just a parking lot outside of our apartments so there is no where to hide. But, I can try. It really stresses me out. I want to get a very nice vehicle but this is what is keeping me from doing it. Thanks for the opinions though.
    CM
    CidneAndNaomi

Answer by CidneAndNaomi at 5:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• ask fiancee how to handle it

Answer by admckenzie at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• GET HER ON VIDEO TAPE!
    Anonymous

• Run out and give her a nice cuff across the mouth! I'm not violent, but if someone, especially an ex, is damaging my property, I'm going to do something about it. If the cops get called you say you SAW her key your car
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 6:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2008