Did your breast fed baby

have to be burped often? Do you think about the same amount as a bottle fed baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes my son still needs to be burped all the time but not as often as he did when he was a newborn............For the first 2 months he had to be burped everytime I fed him sometimes more than once
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had to pump with my fist one b/c she was in the NICU and my 2nd one I had a year later, I used formula, I was afraid it would be too much to try and BF! There wasn't a difference that I can remember. They both had to be burped every few minutes for the first month and less and less as time went by...
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• all i had to do was sit my bf'd baby up and he would burp. most times he didnt have to unless i could hear him gulp air. when i give him a bottle, he always has to be burped, but then again, all i have to do is sit him up.
    parkersmommyj

Answer by parkersmommyj at 5:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• A bit less actually
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I usually only had to burp them after the let down because they gulped so hard and got a lot of air. I once in a while gave bottles to a few of them and had to burp more because they seemed to get more air. so it worked out to 2 times with nursing (after let down and at the end) and 3-4 with bottles. (after a few oz because of air in the bottle) I guess a lot would depend on the bottle your using too. DR Browns and Playtex nursers with the bags that you let all the air out of would cause less need for burping.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think bottle fed babies would need to be burped more because they'd swallow more air. I still did burp my son after he nursed though, because sometimes he spit up if I didn't. I had a really fast let down though and I think like another poster said he'd get some air as well as milk when he gulped.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i never really burbed my son i mean the only reason you burp a baby is because the get air from the bottles when does a baby get air when breastfeeding i burped my son when he was 0 to 2 months then i quit he never burped for me anyways he always burped on his own
    Anonymous

• my dd dont burp she burps when she is all done feeding or whenever she has to but most of the time she dont burp.and dont stop her from eating wow lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008