Baby will not nap anywhere but our bed at home..

I watch 2 little boys during the week and they live across the street from me. At 12:30 they go down for their 2 hour nap and at that time shyla starts to get fussy and i know it is because she is tired and needs her nap. She naps every hour and a half to two hours. I have tried everything i can think of to get her to nap at their house but she refuses and i can't have her screaming waking up the boys. I would so love to nap but she will only nap in our bed. So i end up having to run across the street to put her down and she falls asleep wthin minutes. What can i do to make her nap elsewhere?? She is almost 6 months.

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm, well can you start watching the boys at your house? If not maybe bring blankets or familiar items from your/her bed and kinda trick her into thinking its her bed...Im not sure on this one..lol my sons slept where ever he was when he was tired.
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You are sooo lucky! At least now i know what mistakes not to make with my second one! lol That's the silver lining in this situation. I watch them at my place until noon when they go to their house for their naps. I'll keep ya posted on my progress!
    lovemylife88

Comment by lovemylife88 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• The familiar things would be my suggestion. Does she have a particular blanket/lovey that is in her crib at home? Maybe you can start one if not. My daughter has a lovey and a "Violet" doll (Leapfrog) that plays 10 minutes of classical music. I turn it on at naptime/bedtime and that's her clue that it's time to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It might take sometime but keep trying and they know they might not nap if their unfamilar with the place they are, they will need extra comfort from Mommy!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011