How is your garden doing?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You know what?? I had a beautiful garden just 2 weeks ago approximately. I always have a vegetable garden for our family but this summer I was especially proud of it because I did some extras. I planted a cutting (flower) garden at the back, tallest to shortest etc and it was really beautiful. I also planted a gourd garden with gourds for hobbies too.
    Then....here we are in south central TX and in May the temps were already hitting 95 everyday...now it's June and we're in the 100's already (this is not normal for this area,,,YET). Anyway...the plants just don't like this kind of high heat day after day, all the watering is not helping. The ground temp is too hot for the roots and they are just dwindling fast. I'm so bummed about it. Sigh.....what can you do about weather. Nothing, LOL. So, I guess I had my garden fun for the year, :-).
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well I've never had luck with a garden 'cause my dog always gets in it, so my "garden" this year is my topsy turvey tomatoes (as seen on TV) & its doing really well. I have 1 green tomato so far & 3 more blooms.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm hoping to have an answer for you in a year because I'm almost positive I will be putting a vegetable garden in.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We just planted ours last weekend. Because of all the rain, we had to wait until the yard dried up. We had a good garden last year and we're hoping it's the same this time.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wish I could have a garden!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• our potatoes and snow peas are coming up nicely, but the rest is only so-so - we have had too much rain and not enough sun.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mine is doing fantastic! In spite of the fact it snowed last week, all the stuff I planted is growing very well :)
    sunshine82

Answer by sunshine82 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am green with envy. Unfortunately, I am the grim reaper to anything plant based. I don't bother with a garden for the mercy of the innocent plants that would surely perish under my care.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It's doing pretty good. We got it in late because of the constant heavy rains & storms, so we haven't been able to harvest anything yet, but hope to soon.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm going to put my plants in the dirt soon. The heat made them finally quadruple in size. I am starting to see flower buds on my tomato plants.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011