What happens when you fail

that glucose test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they do a longer test if that fails. then most of the time you get diabite shots..
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If it's the one hour then you get a three hour test done
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• They'll do a three hour glucose challenge. If you fail that, too, they will have you monitor your sugars and have you meet with a dietitian. You'll need to keep a food log, and be careful about what you're eating. It's not likely you'll need insulin or anything, but BE CAREFUL about what you eat. It will make all the difference. Also, try to stay active the best you can. I made sure to walk all through my pregnancy (even when I didn't feel up to it), and it made SUCH a difference in my recovery (I was out walking 5 miles after 2 weeks), and it will help keep you from gaining too much weight, plus, it will help keep your sugars in check. Good luck!! Take some water with you, too, and a snack for after the test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008