Kinder grad clothes question

Tomorrow my dd graduates from Kinder. They will have cap and gowns. I was wondering though if I need to dress her up underneath? I guess I am not sure if I need to run to the mall and buy her a new dress for this special occasion or just put her in something she already has? My mil says she already has so many cute outfits I dont need to buy anything else, but I am just not sure.
Second part of the question is my dd has several pairs and styles of flip flops which at the moment she pretty much refuses to take off. Would it be ok to let her wear those with a dress or skirt? I know those gowns are pretty long. We have some "dressy" ones. I just want everything to be perfect.

Asked by gemgem at 10:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Good idea gemgem!! Every little girl loves shiny white shoes!!! Try to get a rainbow colored dress or a white one,I always wore a white dress when I went to my graduation from 8th grade and high school! As a matter of fact it is a popular color for special occasions like graduation.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my daughter wore regular clothes under her kinder grad cap and gown.... go Class of 2011 Kindergarten Graduates!!! lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It is her special day!! Let her decide if she wants a special dress or a dress she has. As for the shoes,they have some really nice whits shoes that r closed toed. No flip flops,somebody could step on her feet and hurt her bad!! My son wore a new dress shirt and a tie with a new pair of jeans for his! Make it special for your DD new special dress and nice white shoes to go with it!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We bought a new dress for the occasion. But if you already have a dress, that is fine. But definitely not play clothes. Everyone got pretty dressed up at ours. I think dressy, sparkly flip flops are fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think the first outfit sounds better because of the poof. Congrats!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Try to get a cute dress!!! Show her like three dresses and let her pick,same with the shoes,show her like three pairs that u choose and let her pick,she will think she is picking them herself!!! Let me know how shopping goes!!!! Congrats!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes she has white sparkley flip flops and I am thinking this outfit it has floral print on the bottom, a pink tank and little shirt that goes over. I got it at childrens place. It was one of their spring outfits they put together on the web site. Or her pink Tutu (its dressy) except Im worried with the grown itll poof out too much.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Also,since the gown is long,she may fall with flip flops,there is no traction on those!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• haha thanks Ill try and talk her out of the flip flops. Shes bull headed.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Make a deal with her,bring her to the store and show her the pretty shoes,have her try them on,she will love them!! Tell her,u wear these pretty shoes and we will go to lunch,like McDonalds! Then when she is sleeping or distracted,hide all of her flip flops till after the graduation!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2011