Do you actually SAVE money?

As in, put it in a savings account or 401k or some other savings type account?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We put any extra into a savings account. I have thought about putting it into a long term retirement account, but my husband's work is so unpredictable, I need to be able to access it if I have to. I try to keep about 6 months of living expenses in savings, and then put an extra $1,500 a month toward our mortgage to get the house paid off faster.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Nope, except the work pension. I am a check to checker myself....gotta love the economy!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have a decent amount of money in my savings account from my father's life insurance, pension, 401k, etc. I put $150 of my VA money in there each month and $150 of my husband's pay in there. When I was working, I put $200 of my paycheck in there. I don't know what I am going to do with yet but I haven't been tempted to go on a mass spending spree either. I'll just keep saving.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not a dime.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We put a few hundred a month into retirement.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We both have a 401k plan, and education fund which $15 a week comes from my account and my friend just did a budget plan for us that I will put in to affect in August then we can finally add to our savings instead of taking from it lately.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes we are putting money every month into a health saving account (to pay for our medical bills, what isn't used rolls over, and when my husband is 65 any money in there can be put into a IRA). We also put money every month into my husband's 401K. We also put money into a savings account every month. Between ALL 3 accounts about 10K of the $48K my husband makes goes into savings. That $48K is before taxes. Net is more like $35K so we are living on $25K after taxes and savings. As soon as more of our debt is paid off we will be putting even MORE into savings. I'm a SAHM of 2; so my husband checks is all that we receive and we pay for everything we do and have out of OUR pockets!!! I work with a VERY TIGHT budget so that we have money to put away and save, etc. On top of this we always have at least $1,000 in our checking account for emergencies.--budget, budget, budget!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• $$ goes automatically into my 401K from my paychecks, so I don't even notice it anymore. and a small % of my check goes into a savings account, that we don't touch, until Christmas. But actually savings, no, I need mostly every penny that comes in.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2011