ARe you a better mom than your mom? Or friends?

I am definitly a more involved and doting mother than my mom was and although I have some friends who are excellent mothers, I probably focus more on my child than some.

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do the best I can; as did my own mother, with what we were given.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am a 100 times better of a mom than my mom ever was. She was never involved and I was more an inconvenience to her. Still am. As far as friend I dont know I see us all the same. Most of us all hang around each other and do the same things with our kids. I have a couple I can 100% say I am better than they are. But those couple are going through rough times right now.

Answer by gemgem at 10:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No my mom is awesome!
    .GinxedGemini.

Answer by .GinxedGemini. at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm a way better mother than my own.... I actually stuck around to raise my children... that right there makes me 100 times better than her.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Im a better mother than my mom (if you could call her that), I dont have close friends with kiddies.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My mom was a great mom but very young having us both by 19 and married to a POS husband and broke all the time.. so given her circumstances, she was amazing!! I think she lacked in the discipline area and let us do whatever we want from 10 years old on which I think was a mistake and one that I won't be making with my son but.. I make my share of mistakes but I am so involved and want to be a mommy and really waited for 'the right time".. he's my whole world. I don't have RL friends but the people I have been around are not nearly as involved or want to be around their kids for some reason.. I think maybe that's why us waiting til our 30's has helped us, we did our thing and now Max is our want and life..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm more active than my mom and my friends,I have an adventurous spirit and children WANNA go exploring wit me!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I aspire to be like my mom and I think that I am doing alright. She makes everything look easy on the outside even when she's super stressed and I'm not there yet lol. But I am just as involved and encouraging as she ever was.
    As for my "friends" pshhh. More like my SO's friends' SOs. They all need to grow up and realize they are mommies now instead of constantly pawning their kids off on their parents so they an party all weekend, every weekend
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I do what I can. My mom was a single mom most of my life. I think I am a better mom in some areas while my friends are better in other areas! Everyone is different so I can't say I'm better than you!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am a different mom than my mother was, not better/not worse. She was a single mom and worked a lot of jobs and went to school trying hard to provide for us. But I know she did the best she could and that is all anyone can expect.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011