My brother's girlfriend HAS to have some sort of mental imparement...

I have never in my life met someone who tries so hard to get attention !

She is now pregnant and i seriously pray she isn't one of those people who would hurt the baby just for more attention!

We knew it was bad when we first met her, you couldn't carry on a simple conversation with her, because she would have to interupt you to say something about herself, it was also very easy to tell she was lying, about almost everything she said.

Within the first week of meeting her, she told us all about how her mom molested her and now she has all of these medical problems " down there" because of it.... Well we later found out through other family members of hers that never happened, she never even started saying anything about that until she got caught having sex at 15 and started telling people the reason she wanted to have sex was because her mom did this... her mother has several other children, none of them believe it and all hate her for saying this stuff ... She has also tried to say the same thing about her dad, her aunt ( who she still goes to visit) and her grandpa... She also says her grandma beat her up ( but this is the grandma she plans on letting take care of the baby)

She also told us she had a hesterectomy, after my mom said she had one... and yet here she is - PREGNANT.

She has had every diese known to man, including several types of cancer... but yet recently said she hasnt been to the DR. in years and was mad that she now has to pay the government money so she can go to the baby DR. ( not sure what she means by this, but she is getting the medical card.. so she had to mean the govt. is paying for her visit?)

BUT we are trying very hard to deal with her because she is carrying my niece or nephew ( we do know for sure she is pregnant ) ... but now she is even worse...

She will send me these depressing messages on facebook sounding as if she wants to kill herself, and then i will say something like you need to talk to me, or can I help you, etc... and she will go " no i dont want to bug you" ..

And now the worst thing she is doing is every week she tells my brother ( who is very excited about the baby) that she thinks she is going to have a miscarriage because of all the stress she has in her life ( I am not sure what stress comes from literally sitting on the couch eating all day -- everytime we stop by this is exactlly what she is doing, she will be laying on the couch with food and wrappers all around her ) ....

I just do not know how to deal with her anymore !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• There isnt much you can do until the baby is born. I would keep an eye on her and see if there are any signs she might try to hurt herself while pregnant. That can be used against her to get custody of the child later. My friend tried to kill herself when she was 21 and at 36 when she went through a divorce the judge used it against her so it does work. Document everything. Keep a notebook even if your brother doesnt of all her lies. Be unemotional in it. Just the facts. Once the baby is born you can always call cps if you think she might harm the baby or herself and show them the notebook of documentation so they know this has been a long term issue.

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Is she really even pregnant? That would be my first question, especially if she's making statements that she might have a miscarriage. Maybe she's a hypochondriac? Or a pathological liar? Or maybe just a sociopath. There's lot of reasons, but she certainly sounds a little nutty.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Talk to her doctor and see what he suggests
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She just wants attention.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Either way if she keeps saying that she wants to kill herself, maybe you should be telling her doctor this. Maybe she'll at least get evaluated.
    I think that you are right to be concerned, I know I would be.
    I'd talk to her doctor about it. The doctor most likely won't be able to reveal anything to you, but you can tell him/her about what you've seen.

If it was me I'd do all I could to be as available as possible for that child.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Always talking about a miscarriage would make me suspicious that she might not really be pregnant. Did she have a sonogram??

Have to agree with gemgem yet again today... document everything dates and times please and print screens too.  You may need it in the future.

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 11:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not being mean, but what attracted your brother to her? Gotta question his judgment.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yeah we know she is pregnant, of course at first we assumed she was lying because she had before... but my brother and my mom went with her to the ultrasound and so we know one is in there !

My brother started dating her not so long ago... She is the high school cheerleader type and one of his friends set them up on a date... and they were not together for very long when she got pregnant... I think he is just now realizing what kind of trouble he is in.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sounds like she has some kind of personality disorder. I hope that this doesn't snowball into a disaster for your family.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011