How to tell if your child is "spoiled"?

And what is wrong with being a little spoiled (minus any snotty behavior)? Is your child spoiled?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine are spoiled. They dont have snotty attitudes either, well one does, but hes always been snotty. Mine have all the best clothes, toys, and things. I want them too though. I think it is normal to want our kids to have more than we did growing up.

Answer by gemgem at 11:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think you can tell if ANYONE is spoiled by the level of appreciation or gratitude they have for what they are being given. ALSO....someone can be spoiled if whatever they are being given hinders them in growing to be an independent person whether it be emotionally, monetarily, or by way of "things".
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think she is spoiled. She's the youngest and pretty much expects to be the center of attention. The one thing she does know: if she hints around for something at the store and I say we're not getting anything today she doesn't pitch a fit or whine. No means no!
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 11:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• All of my three were spoiled as a child, but never once did anyone of them throw a tantrum when they didn't get their way.

Answer by older at 11:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think my son is spoiled. He's an only child and gets toys an treats all the time, and I occasionally think he is a snot. But my friends say he isn't spoiled. I don't know why they would just be saying it when I very openly think he is spoiled. He has thrown occasional fits when he doesnt get his way and is then punished with time outs to his room, which he hates
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes my daughter is spoiled, and she knows she is a princess. But she also knows that "mommy is queen and so she makes the rules for the princess".
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011