*Sigh* Another vent...

I posted a previous vent yesterday concerning family members and my son first birthday party this weekend. My brother has called and said he can't make it because he has to work. I called him back and left a message on the house phone, and I text him and my SIL asking if SIL and niece were still coming. I find it funny that they have yet to answer me, with even a yes or a no. I'm sure, like always, that I'll get some sort of reason at the last minute why they can't come. This always happens and in the year that my son has been the happy little thing he is, not one of my family members, other than my parents, have ever made an attempt to come see us, or even a phone call for that matter. I'm just hurt. A little acknoledgement would be nice, or even just pretending like they care.

sad

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i know it hurts that the people that you care about and love can even make it to you sons birthday party it sounds like a whole lot of BS if you ask me but i had a similar problem with my 1st sons birthday party i then realized i just had to say screw them if they dont want to be a part of the party there lost not his or yours hes a happy little guy with or without them. continue with ur pary plan and trust me everything will work out fine!!
    this day is all about him anyways not the people invited the people that truely care for him will be there and that all that matters!
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 2:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Dont feel bad, my SIL didnt even call ro send a card or anything on her ONLY nephews first bday back in Ap. I havnt really talked to her since my dads fuenral in Jan. and frankly I guess we've just become convienient family members. Only there when something is needed. Its sad, and it has really pissed me off a few times, but I know this is how she is and my brother if absolutely blind to it.. Just have fun with the little one this weekend and ha I jsut realised, I dont remember waht day you said his birthdaywas but mine is Sunday lol. Anywhoo just brush her off. Dont let her bother you, you dont need her to have a happy life! - once again Happy birthday to the little guy!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 2:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It sounds like your relatives are focused on thier own lives right now. You didn't give any info that could define why, but it's irrelevant for the most part.... Just assume that is how it's going to be. Lower your expectations of them. Focus instead on involving your parents, the ones that show an intrest. Those are the kind of people you want in you Childs life anyway, not those others.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Specifically for my bro and sil, i'm pretty sure it has partly to do, if not fully, because my parents will be there. My brother and dad aren't speaking for reasons i'm still not understanding. So I really think that's why, but i won't jump to conclusions either. Last year, my grandfather (dad's father) died 4 days after my son was born. Then the fighting started over the estate. I think everyone got so wrapped up in their "entitlements" that it was like my son didn't much matter to them. While everyone else got their time to mourn, I didn't, even though I was really close with my grandpa. I tried to stay as positive as I could, for the sake of my baby, even though I wanted to break down. So I guess i am admittingly somewhat bitter. Even when I was a kid, I always felt left out to some extent and I thought it was because we just lived farther away (only an hour). My parents always went to them, never the other way around.
    DJsMommy610

Comment by DJsMommy610 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2011