How can I fix this money mess??

I messed up big time. I paid my car insurance in full, 914.10 for 6 months with cash. I got a check in the mail a few wks ago from the ins company for that amt. The bank told me that they could not cash it, cuz it might be a scam. Well, apparently they deposited it into my acct and it wasnt a scam, just a mix up from the ins co. I have been spending a little money here and there, movies, books, stuff for school ect. Only 30-40 at a time, thinking that it was what I had usually deposited a week. This all got messed up, turns out my child support hasnt been coming and Ive been spending the 914.10. Got an email from the co saying payment in full is due my 6/30. So here I am, only 350 left and not sure what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call them and tell them what has happened. I would also think that your child support issue needs to be looked into, you are owed all that hasn't been being paid, is it garnished from his check? Hopefully there is a mix up, and if you can get the money you are owed, you can still pay your insurance, but your provider will accept monthly or payments every 3 months. But you really need to get to the bottom of the child support as well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Call and set up monthly payments. You dont have to pay in full. I pay in full once a year for 6 months. The second 6 months we do monthly payments. That or call another insurance company and change.

Answer by gemgem at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If they wont work with you tell them fine, you will go with another insurance company and then go online and get a few quotes and set up monthly payments. If the new company asks why you need to change tell them.

Answer by gemgem at 11:33 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with the others. If your insurance company won't work with you, leave them. There are so many options available out there, and you could definitely get something for the money you have remaining.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• PS--you can also threaten to get another insurance provider, before the end of the month comes do some research, and see if you can get it lowered. We switched to Essurance and saved almost 1,000 per year!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Call and talk to them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Can u make 6 monthly payments? I pay mine monthly.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• called and they said they dont know if i can do monthly pmts cuz I already attempted to pay in full!!! Its a mess. there is no way I can get 600 by the end of the month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• agent is supposed to call me back soon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• they are going to let me pay half this month and half next month. still not happy but its better then needed to pay all at once.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2011