Family drama- 35 years later!

My mom and my aunt had a family issue over 35 years ago. Now that both spouses have passed , just over two months ago, my aunt just told my mom what do you want to do go back to 35 years ago when we did not talk for 5 years? My aunt's son would be very cold towards my mom and his wife was always so snobby to her! When my uncle got sick we went to visit him in the hospital from two hours away. My cousin's wife never went to visit my father in the hospital and he was 10 mins away. She never called or sent cards either. The reason because when my cousin's fatherinlaw that never even said helloto us at parties was sick 15 years ago, we never went to the hospital. Just logic that does nto compare to a blood uncle that we saw every holiday and weekend comparing to her aloof, absent stranger in everyone's eyes that even did not invite me to my cousin's wedding. I was 18 and he said I was considered a minor...So now my aunt jumped into their side and is liek a complete puppet. She used to hate her dil now she is just doing it so she could see her grandchildren. My brother did not invite this infamous cousin to his daughter's graduation party so now my aunt is not attending.Then she made the comment we are going back to 35 years ago. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Just ignore it. We have some family issues like that and it's crazy. Dh's aunt didn't come to our daughter's dedication because we couldn't go to her daughter's baptism. Dh was working and I would have had to bring my 3 young (4 and under) kids to a church that we're not famillar with. Oh well, I shrugged it off.
    My uncle said some nasty things to my mom and called her a trouble maker. Her and me and my sister were not invited to his son's wedding. My other uncle married his long time gf after finding out that my grandparent's will states that if his kids are shacking when they are to receive their inheritance they don't get it. lol so he's over 60, been living with this woman and telling everyone for 20+ yrs that they will never marry and one day there's a wedding. We wern't invited to that one either. Crazy things, we are better for not having them involved in our lives. Those family get together's wern't fun.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This is between them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• sorry about all this drama in your family and I am very sorry to hear of your father passing away {{{hugs}}}
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just try to ignore it and eventually they will realize how dumb they are acting
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Stay out of it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• any idea what got all this started? sounds like your family is a interesting bunch!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thanks for sharing AmandaH321 i hear ya. To everyone else I agree.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2011