769 Days & Counting Since Senate Democrats Passed A Budget. Yet, they have had no problem spending. Thoughts?

A growing number of Senate Democrats are anxious about the lack of a Democratic budget and the unusually slow legislative agenda, creating another headache for Majority Leader Harry Reid as he tries to protect his majority ahead of a daunting election year.

“On the budget front, I’m not a happy camper around here,” California Sen. Dianne Feinstein told POLITICO. “I think we need to have a budget that we stand by.”

“In the states, you can’t do this in the states — you’ve got to move,” said West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a former governor up for reelection next year. “We’re hoping we will.”

Not having a budget, Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor said, “makes it harder to do things that we just need to do — there are people talking about an education bill, a highway bill — a lot of other things you just don’t know how much you have to spend.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They remind me of some women I know. Just because they have a budget doesn't mean they still don't want to shop at the mall, even though their budget only calls for buying things at yard sales.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I feel as though they know if they FACE the FACTS, they know~ It will be obvious to the nation they failed.  Their unfunded, over spending wreckovery progressive ideals are not feasible or effective... So, they continue on... Business as usual... And the saddest part?  Some on here and throughout the US are falling for their shenanigans.   Fools.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well thank god they found time to complain about the plasticware in the cafeteria.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think you are right. They can't afford to admit failure because it could be used against them in the next election (and rightfully so). Kicking the can down to road and waiting for someone else to take care of it is unacceptable. We send people to D.C. to do the job of running the country and they are not doing it. Plain and simple. If they aren't willing to do the job, someone else should get the opportunity. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• We send people to D.C. to do the job of running the country and they are not doing it.

Exactly!!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I know how much they have to spend..... NOTHING... Idiots
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• the job of the politicians is to appropriate and spend taxpayer dollars. basically, that's what they do. So if there is no money to spend there shouldn't be anyone working in DC.
    Anonymous

• Democrats = tax and spend.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011