Period for over 2 mths!

I have been on the implanon birth control for about 2 yrs now. It has caused my period to change it's schedule, I have my period every 3 mths, and it last about 1 1/2mths. This time thouh it's been longer an I'm tired if it. It I also killing my sex life since we don't have sex or anything on my period. Has the doctor given you anything to stop your period?? I'm going to call when I can but this I becoming ridiculous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• What the doctors fail to mention, or mention very briefly is that most birth controls are hormones. They actually trick your body into thinking that it is pregnant so you do not ovulate. When we mess around with nature, sometimes our bodies do not act the way that the bodies acted in the lab and stuff like this happens. I would see your doctor, but there is nothing to just stop your period altogether unless you want a hysterectomy.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Maybe ask for a different kind of birth control.I know I would go insane if my periods were to last that long.What about Mirena or Paraguard?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Good luck. I had the same birth control and had to have it removed. I had a constant spotting and gave me headaches.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 11:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• wait talk to doctor
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2011