Dreams of grandpa who passed away....

I had a dream last night that I was at the zoo with my family and my grandpa was there and he was sitting down and I was trying to figure out if we had enough time. You see in my dream, my son had a baseball game to get to and my grandpa was wanting to see the new library (that isn't there and I doubt is ever planned) I just remember him saying that we had enough time before my son's baseball game and that it would be okay and then my stupid alarm went off...

My grandpa passed away in January of 2009 very suddenly. This has stayed with me all day and I can't stop crying, what in the world? Do you think this means anything? I feel like a big baby right now, I miss him but I haven't cried like this since he passed away!

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 11:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it means he is still dearly in your heart and will always be, enjoy those dreams.

Answer by older at 11:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think it means you miss your grandpa. I can sympathize. Mine passed away last July after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease and I still miss him terribly. He was a wonderful man and loved his life and family. On one hand it was a relief he was finally not suffering anymore. On the other, I'm sad he's gone and I'll never be able to walk into the house he shared with my grandmother and see him in his recliner and talk to him about anything and everything. I still expect to see him there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have dreams of my mom and my mil and fil. My son was very young and he does not remember alot. I think it means that they r watching out for us. I like to think that anyways.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My grandfather passed away in January of 2010. i had a dream that i was looking out the back door and my Grandfather was sitting on the picnic table playing a huge guitar and singing very loudly and he was dressed in a shimmering white clothes. Then he came in the house with his arms outspread and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt (very unlike him, but he didn't know how to play the guitar either). So i said "i like your shirt" and i gave him a huge hug. Then I woke up. In Heaven time is different there. There is no deadline, or even clocks, so yes, you have plenty of time. My grandfather loved the guitar but could sing beautifully, I believe in Heaven we'll learn and know things we won't get to learn and know here on earth. Your grandfather was showing this to you. And even tho i still cry, it's only cuz i miss him. But my dream, and hopefully yours will show you what to look forward to in heaven when we get there! Encouraging!
    beckybooboo

Answer by beckybooboo at 11:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011