If you decided to give your newborn up for adoption (you cannot support another child), would you want your baby to go to a straight married couple, a gay married couple, or a single woman or man? Why?

Please don't say, " I wouldn't give my child up for adoption..".. Please just answer for the sake of the question.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Whomever would give it the most love.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would setup my baby with the most loving couple, it would not matter if they were gay, but they would have to be a couple in a committed relationship with lots of love to give.

Answer by older at 12:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honestly, my first instinct would be to go for a straight married couple. I would want to set the child up as best I could for a successful life. I could probably be convinced about singles or gay couples if I met the people because I am not against gays and my mom was a single mother.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• As long as my child would be loved and taken care of, I honestly can say I would not care straight, gay, married or single.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 12:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Assuming I had all the options available to me, and they all we're of equal awesomeness of parenting quality.

I would choose the married man and woman because:

I want my kid to have strong, positive role models of both genders in his/her life to learn how to properly interact with both genders. Kids learn best about how to treat (and expect to be treated by) the opposite gender by watching how their mom and dad treat each other.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 12:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wlouldhope that the baby went to a good home with kind and gentle and educated parents who were financially stable and lived in a wholesome family oriented neighborhood. That's all I would think is important.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I could not say until I saw how the people reacted to certain questions from either me or an adoption agency. Sexual preference,color,or religion should never be a priority.
    Dianny888

Answer by Dianny888 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Marital status or sexual orientation would not be important to me, as long as it was a good family for my child.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would want them with the person who will love and appreciate the scope and size of the gift they have been given
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would say a couple, and I would choose them based on how comfortable I fetl with them, and how they planned on raising my child. I am not against single people adopting, but if I were to give a child up, I would want to know there are 2 people raising the child, and if anything would happen to 1 there would be another there who would take care of my child.. Whatever their sexual orientation would not matter to me, just that I thought they would make the best parents/.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011