What if i just can't decide?

My hubby and i have been discussing having a second child. Our almost three year old is our life. We just can't decide if another child is best for us. Any input on this would be fantastic!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have three beautiful little girls.. and I wouldn't change it for the world. I personally think having more than one child is great because a person will not form a stronger bond than with his/her brother or sister! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Having children close in age and having them far apart, I would suggest you make a decision quickly. Having one 4 years younger than one made it tough because they were in totally different stages and didn't want to play together. The next one came 12 years later and she has no one. I was not blessed with having another one. You have to decide what is best for your family now.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• What is holding you back?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My dh and I went years with just our son. He was perfect, sweet and well behaved and we just never thought about having another child.
    Finally, when he was 5 I decided we needed to sit down and have a talk about when to have another. I never really though we would just have 1 I just didn't think about it. We did have another one( 2 actually) but they are 7 yrs apart. I loved it. He had his life and yet he was helpful to me. It was so easy to only be taking care of one baby at a time especially since #2 was a real handful, a totally different child. I then got pg unexpectedly and had my daughter 2 yrs after the 2nd. I so much prefer a longer distance between kids. It was hard and it was sometimes very frustrating. The two youngest seemed to always be competing and fighting. Now the kids are grown and my youngest is 20. They are all good friends, the spacing differences didn't seem to have a long term difference.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• mostly money...and my hubby is in a very hectic research program. i'm getting up there in age, so waiting for him to get through grad school is out of the question.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Love is not a matter of division, but rather one of multiplication. The more you have the more love grows, so, if you can afford one and WANT one, go for it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2011