My bff pulls hair out of her head when she is stressed out.. well now she is

almost bald like baby but bald on two spots.. I have talked to her about it and she just kinda blows me off...
I am realy concerned.. I have done everything but kidnapp her to get her to go out for a girls night.. she refuses EVERYTIME!!
I dont know what to do anymore, I am almost sick of being the "only one there" ..
I am trying to get her to do something other than rot away in her place with her son..
what would you do in my place?
OH and it's not that easy to just "drop her" because we have been friends and been thru ALOT in 13 years

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 12:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Its a disorder.. she may need to go the dr.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yep, it's a dissorder. I know someone on here with it. Please suggest that she sees a doctor.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It is a disorder- here's a link about it from the Mayo clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/trichotillomania/DS00895

do all you can to understand her situation and be patient is probably the best thing you can do for her. I think that would help a lot.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• ok i think she knows its a disorder and obviously it isnt something she can get over as far as pulling her hair out. i think the first thing to do is to find out what exactly makes her pull her hair out it can be a deep rooted issue of anger or depression if your that close to her i would as a friend find out what truely bothing her also try to convince her to cut her hair shorter since it might be alot harder to pull her hair out if it is shorter. maybe you can come up with a better or easier way for her to let go of her stress that she will agree to do but its clear that she pulls out her hair not because its easy but shes experiencing internal pain and would rather experience physical pain. It is def something eating her up inside. Good LUCK!
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 1:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You need to stage an intervention. Pulling ones hair out literally is a clear sign of some serious distress/ anxiety disorder. I think this one is out of your hands dear. You need to get her to some professional help before she becomes a full blown agoraphobic or worse!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011