Would you believe your son who is 3-1/2? and if so, what would you do about it?

Lately he's been having more accidents-mostly pee, which I hear is common for this age.. he goes to daycare during the week and I asked my provider about this and if she tells him he can go whenever he wants to prevent the accidents to make sure we are all on the same page- she said yes, she said she also noticed he's been more timid lately, not wanting to ask for normal things like to go potty or for water etc.. also at home he's been hitting himself when he gets upset and last night I asked if he still liked his daycare and he says yes, he said everyone is nice to him and then I asked if his provider yells and he says YSE, all the time she Yells., then I asked if her husband who is there 1/2 the day yells and he said Sometimes but not ALL the time.. but its only been recently since her DH has been home 1/ 2 the day with her and he does tend to be more strict.. I am starting to wonder if his presence there is making these changes and if so, how do I bring it up to my provider? cause it would basically come off as I think her DH is too strict/yells too much and really, I don't know how much its truth either.. I tried to ask in ways that didn't put thoughts in his head but things have been different the last couple weeks.. how would you bring this up?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Max I wouldn't talk to the lady about it, because I don't think she will stop, I think she will perhaps take it out on him in some way, I think that your best bet is have someone come over until you can find a good place, I pay my babysitter in cash, and now that he is in kindergarten and she is in college, the summer works out amazing, I would just make sure that whoever you find knows CPR, but if it is in your home, I really wouldn't sweat the license too much, they have to investigate those daycares, to make sure they are clean and not over the limit, but they don't really involve themselves in monitoring treatment,, I wrote the add on craigslist,, message me if you want me to send it to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't bring it up, I would give my notice and look for someone else to watch him, if she is yelling and her husband yells, I doubt that he is making it up! I wouldn't talk to her about it, because she might manipulate your son,, don't tell your mommy what happens here and what not!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't bring it up to the daycare person.. I would take my child out of that daycare immediately..something seems wrong & its better safe than sorry!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it is her daycare her hubby should not be helping with the kids. Just stay and observe,can u do that while the hubby is there?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with kimigogo-I would not give notice,just take him out of there!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I would ALWAYS err on the side of caution and I would get my kid out of there. Is it possible for you to drop by without notice?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• ~ Agree 100% with kimigogo
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Well it is summer and maybe you could find a teenager to come to your house for a price? I would think it might buy you enough time to get on a waiting list somewhere you feel more comfortable with,,, I don't like the sound of what is going on at daycare,,I would stop by as much as possible without warning, see if that makes her uncomfortable or not, at least until you can find a new place,, sorry mamma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If she yells all the time that alone would be enough for me to pull my kid out...she obviously needs to learn to handle kids better!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't see why a 3 yr old would make that up. I don't think I would bring it up either, I would just be looking for a new provider.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2011