Would you take the chance?

My husband and i have been looking for a house to buy for the last 3 years... we want to find our permanent home before our oldest child starts kindergarten next year.

Right now we live in my hometown - my husband is from another town an hour away... we have always planned on staying here because all of my family is here...

We have talked about moving to another town before since this one is pretty small and going downhill - alot of people are moving to other cities. But I am a big worrier and constantly think that if we would move to another town, I would be alone... i worry about not having someone close enough in case something happens in which we need someone to come take care of the kids ( like if we have to go to the drs or something ) ... or if something happens and I cant pick my daughter up from school... since we are here I have a number of people who would be able to be here in a few mintues...

But now I am really trying to rethink this...maybe moving to a town -- not super far away, but still out of this town...

It is turning into a dumpy town... what if we buy a house here and then in 5 years decide we want to get away and wont beable to sell it....

My husband works in a bigger city 45 mintues away we do not want to live that far or in that big of a city, but just something better...

We have even found a few decent houses that are alot cheaper (that we can extra month a month)...compared to just waiting more years in case a decent house that we can afford becomes available here ( since it is a small town there is only about 20-25 houses for sale at a time ) ...

BUT now I am afriad if we make this move... then i would regret it and become too homesick...

What would u do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I live over 500 miles away from my parents and extended family. You will adjust.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I moved 3/4 of the way across the country for myself when I was 21. It was hard and we now have a support system (to a certain extent.) Finding friends, especially close friends who can go get your kid in an emergency, is difficult but can be done. If you can move somewhere in between the 2 places you won't be so far away but give you the town security you need. I live in a city and sometimes it can take me 20 minutes to get to my mom's (she moved after I got married) so it really isn't a huge time to travel for me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Your DH must not be Military. Because they move a lot. I do not even live in the same state as my family.

Answer by louise2 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• It's not like your moving to a diff. state your mocing to a diff. city...still close enough to visit and you can make friends in case you need a siiter or hire one if you can't manage to go to the drs. with the kids or whatever. As far as if something happens and the kids need to be picked up from school there are 2 of you i'm sure 1 of you would be able to do it and if not then the school would have to wait until someone in your family could drive an hr. to get there it's really not that far away. It's beter to raise your kids in a good town then 1 that is already going down hill. Stop over thinking things and just do it. It's not like it has to be set in stone...even look into renting a house for a yr. to try the town out.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Try renting month to month somewhere else to try it out. A lot of families move. You make friends and develop a support network of other families.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• well i moved away from family 11 years ago actally its 12hrs away from my family use to live in Kentucky but iam glad i moved away cause now i have a good job & friends who r there when we need them sounds like u need a friend i waunt be friends e-mail me Barbie deeharris@yahoo.com
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011