thyroid bump?

went to my 1st prenatal visit today and the moment she ran her hands down my neck she felt a lump. shes doing all th regular tests adding the thyroid test. she gave me no information on what it could be. has anyone gone through this or do you have any insigh on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the only bumps I know about that happen in the neck are from Strepp throat or cysts...I know I'm not much help because there could be a million different reasons....Good luck with your tests, though. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing or just something simple.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It could be a goiter. Hormone imbalances can cause them. If it's hypothyroidism (what i have, which was noticed because of a lump on the throat) all you'll need is a small daily pill to clear it up. The pills are $4.00 for 30 days supply at Walmart. It might be a for life thing it might not. Sometimes the condition clears itself up. In my case well I've taken the pill for over 8 years now. It's actually pretty common following childbirth or during pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INFO, I HOPE YOUR RIGHT.
    junemommy1977

Answer by junemommy1977 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008