can you bake bacon?

i wanted to make a casserole thing wih turkey breast and bacon.. can you do that? lol- i never cook

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 5:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• huummmm i dunno never thought bout it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes you can.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• how long, should i precook anything specificly?
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 5:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if you want the bacon to be crispy then cook it on the stove for a min of two.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Just cook it right along with the rest, like the recipe says (I'm assuming you're following a recipe?). I bake bacon all the time. No precooking either. I'll be around for a while if you want to pm me and ask anything else.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• nah, i'm making up a recipe as i go! hah all this food and it needs to be cooked.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I worked in food service for years and they always put the bacon in the oven.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I bake my bacon. It seems to taste better to me. I put it on a cookie sheet, put in the oven cold. Set to 425. And a couple of minutes after it reaches 425, it's perfect. I got the idea off of the show "Good Eats".
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Certainly. I always bake it whenever I'm making more than 12 slices. I put it on a rack set on a baking sheet (make sure it has sides!) so it doesn't lay in the grease. Don't turn the oven on until you put it in. Turn the oven to 425*..and you know when it's done :)

It shrinks less this way too!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• On the bacon package it had directions on how to cook it. You will see the oven directions there. Different brands have different temps and times.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008