Has anyone been told this by your Dr?

My Dr. knows I have tried to get pregnant for several years with no success. He didn't tell me this, but when my husband was in seeing him one day, they were talking about it. He told my husband, I should start spending time with/babysitting a baby and it would make me ovulate. This sort of makes sense to me because how many women do you hear of that adopt after years of failed attempts and they get pregnant almost instantly after adopting? I just wondered if any of you had heard this or not? I do have to admit, after we finally made the decision to adopt...it seemed like I felt an actual chemical change in my body. I haven't gotten pregnant and we haven't adopted yet though. ** I also wonder about those ovulation kits....do they really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I've heard that before and the ovulation kits will help you to determine the best time to try.
    Anonymous

• When a women nurtures an infant it releases hormones in your system that not only make you feel good they can trigger other body functions. A lot along the same lines as a BF Mom whose baby cries often starts leaking.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes, ive heard the same. May couples who are TTC for many years without any success are getting pregnant after adopting. thats (in some cases) very simple. Many couples try SO HARD to get pregnant, that their whole life is only about getting pregnant. Thats all the talk about and all they care about. they forget about themself and their actual life. So the womens body/system is under so much pressure that the woman is just not able to get pregnant. And then, when they "gave up" and adopt a child.. all the pressure is gone.. and then it just happens and they are pregnant.

Of course that doesnt always work, but i have heard about some couples, where it worked like that.

I wish you all the luck in the world. And its a great decision to adopt a child.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have tried the ovulation kits for the last 8 months and no luck yet. They are fairly expensive so it is pretty upsetting when there are still not results.
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I bought the clear blue easy fertility monitor (really expensive I know). It helped. I found out I was ovulating later than the other sticks were telling me. Also, it shows your possible fertility level (low high and ovulating) so my husban could check it and make the attempt more um . . . fun.

I don't know about the being around babies though.

Hope it helps
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008