Clean, clean, clean and clean again...

Do you ever just give up and let the house get horribly dirty? I swear I clean the same things DAILY. With no help. What do you do at your house. HONESTLY. Not what you dream you would do or something you know is the good house wife answer.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 12:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Dang I feel like I clean all day everyday. I have to in order for it to look decent for when DH comes home. I don't want him thinking I sat on my butt all day. But somedays I just tell him ahead of time "I don't feel like cleaning all day long again so when you come home the house wont be clean" I mean its not unhealthy dirty Its like the dishes wont be done or the laundry wont be folded and toys will be scattered but mommy needs a day every now and again. And the weekends are no different
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Cleaning the house has stopped being something I think of as a seperate activity and it is just a way of life for me. It used to drive me crazy too, and so I just had to change my mindset about it and have happily adopted the domestic goddess role for this point in my life. Even doing it constantly by myself, it was still never done. So the kids have assigned chores too which helps stay on top of it, and also helps them develop the skills they are going to need to take care of their own houses when they have them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I just got told last night that my cleaning wasn't up to scratch (read my Q lol)
    It's not easy when you have two little kids behind you undoing everything you just did. My house is not dirty either, but it is never perfect.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Only when I'm sick for awhile does the house get behind. Several years ago when my kids were still young...I was sick and tired of feeling like nothing ever stayed clean and organized. Overall I had to come up with a better cleaning and organizing system for our household, and I went through room by room and threw away, donated, carloads of stuff (no joke). It was the BEST thing I ever could have done. It minimized everyone's STUFF, closets, drawers, bedrooms and well.....when everyone is minimized there's just less junk and clutter and less to clean somehow.
    Also, I used to use a site called "Fly Lady.net" :link:http://flylady.net/ to help me with my motivation because I was so frustrated. It helped me alot and my home is much more efficient, clean. My kids are grown now (pretty much anyway) but I attribute all I learned to that site and Heloise, Martha Stewart, LOL.
    I can totally relate to your frustration.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011