always depressed

im always depressed and im not sure why i was on some medicine for it and stopped taking it could this be why?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• well medication doesnt solve the reason for depressions. medicine only makes you feel better.

i was suffering from PPD for a really long time... i had to go see a therapist for it. i refused to take any kind of medication, because i didnt want to run around "high" when i have to take care of my daughter. so i took the way of talking to many different doctors and finally found a really great psychologist. she helped me so much and she found the reason for my depressions and now im doing fine.. without any medication...

So you should not just stop taking your medicine for your depressions (it could make it worse when u just quit). Talk to your doctor. if you dont want to take the medications, then you should get help in a different way (psychologist maybe)...

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 5:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• btw.. sorry for my bad english... but i hope you understand what im trying to say ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Depression haunts you until you get rid of what is making you depressed. i personally suffer from this, i have since i was about 16 i dont know how to deal with it, and i've never taken medicine for it but i have my days you know. you maybe need someone to talk too? i dont know i'm here if you wanna talk! i'm always on message me! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have a friend with a chemical imbalance, so medication is her only solution- my understanding of it, anyway. If she stops her medication she gets very depressed.

Answer by Bmat at 6:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Depression can be a result of so many things but is usually as a result of a number of different things.

Unresolved issues from the past can play a major role. But so can diet and lifestylr as well.

I have been personally working on myself to help me rid myself of depression. I have had a lot of problems to deal with in my life, my most recent being my alcoholic mother dying the week after my son was born. Despite her alcoholism I was looking forward to her sharing my little son with me...and I had that taken away from me.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Anyhoo..I find that food can be something we use to numb and have been severing the relaitonship with it so I can deal with my problems properly. If I feel down, I usually discuss it with my boyfriend or I accept it.

Things I have found that help me: continuing a good exercise program and exericse that I enjoy. Making sure that I get plenty of fresh air and sunlight. If I have been in all day I will make sure I go for at least a walk daily.

Diet..this is the biggest one. Incorporating lotas of frutis and greens in your daily diet is important for your well being in so many different ways.

The best way to start with that is green smoothies. Come take the 14-day green smoothie challenge and see how you feel...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/greensmoothie
    keyaziz

• Never stop taking a perscribed medication cold turkey w/o your Dr's approval. There are many meds out there that can have life threatening repercussions if you stop them abruptly.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• A chemical imbalance does not mean you need medication..a chemical balance is just a symptom of an underlying cause. I strongly believe that this can be changed with dietary and lifestyle changes.

For example if you are deficient in amino acids (particular ones) this can mess with your brain chemistry and cause depression.

Tyrosine deficiency leads to depression, lack of energy, lack of concentration and ADD,...this will lead to you also craving your favorite foods/drinks.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008