Work at home moms.

I am looking for a legit. work from home job. I have an autistic son and a daughter that is in the process of getting tested to see she is on the spectrum. I want to work so bad but the only way possible would be to do it from home, at least for the next few years. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• There are no legitimate work from home jobs. If there were many of us would be doing that. You could babysit or iron?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• There are some, but they are really hard to find and require specific experience or contacts. Right now I'm doing some grant writing and web management work mostly from home but I only got it because I has already been volunteering with this organization for years, and we found the right match of my skills and their (funded) needs. I don't get any benefits and the amount of work/money I get varies, but it works for me. My SIL works mostly from home as a legal trainer (she's a lawyer) but she has to travel sometimes. My friend has a graphic design business she runs from her house (occasionally needs to go out and meet clients). Got any skills someone might pay you for? Web design? Sewing/embroidering? Start with that. Sell your skills!

Or if you have a good education or any skills (piano?) you could teach or tutor at home. You might not make enough to live off and the work won't be regular, but it's something.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2011