How do I know if this is a UTI or a accident phase ?

I think my daughter may have a UTI. She is potty trained but lately she has had frequent accidents and sometimes I catch her 'holding herself'. She had an overnight accident so I put her pull-ups and every morning since, those have been wet, which NEVER happens because she was wearing panties to bed. So, how do I know that she has a UTI , or if she is going through a phase where she is having accidents ?

ashMER.

Asked by ashMER. at 12:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Ask her if it is hurting when she pees. Her urine might also smell kind of strong and sweet if it is infected.

It is an easy pee-in-a-cup thing at the ped to find out for sure, though, so there is no harm in taking her in if you are concerned.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• she was doing SO good at being potty trained. im talking NO accidents, ever! for months! now all of a sudden, she keeps having them !
    ashMER.

Comment by ashMER. (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011