After your first child did you sex drive decline?

how bout after your second?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• For most new moms it has nothing to do with a decline in your sex drive. It has to do with switching from "sex kitten mode" into "mommy mode". Body changes, lack of sleep, and keeping up with family and baby needs all interfere with the normal sex routine. Also, some guys begin to view you in a motherly way, and they feel a little weird doing all those filthy naughty things to the mother of their children!
    Schedule a date night, and stick to it. Come hell or high water, this is sex night and there are NO excuses! Getting back into a routine is the first step. The more you have sex, the more you'll want sex.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No. No. And it didn't after the third child either.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• 1st = no but health problems kept us apart for like 8-9 months before we were cleared for sex. And our drive was ENORMOUS, lol..... and baby #2 was cookin' almost immediately

After baby #2 I was heavily medicated for a long while after and hubby was at a new position at work w/ twice the work load so we were like zombies, barely keeping up with the kids. kids are 6 & 5 now and we really only have a drive when we plan it and ship them to grandmas for the night
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• After my 1st DD I had a decline in sex drive for about a month and a half. I had a very hard delivery and got torn really bad. After my second I wanted it right away but had to wait for a little bit.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes it did. Just had my 2nd child 2 weeks ago & I'm not sure if my sex drive is back yet or not, since I know in my head I can't have sex for 6 weeks, I've blocked sex out of my mind until then.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011