Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Where can i get help buying or getting free pullups ? She has TennCare Select.

Faith is disabled and paralized on right side and we need help with pullups. She has TennCare Select but cant find anyone who will help.. can someone help me out?

Answer Question

Asked by sassywitch2008 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 4 (34 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I'm assuming this is an insurance plan. Doesn't her pediatrician give you a prescription for diapers?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • You'll have to call Social Services and see who you need to contact about that. They may not pay for them.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 1:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • If you have a case worker they should be able to help you. Have oyu tried the health dept?

    Answer by KTMOM at 2:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • I have never heard of them paying for them but I would call your case worker and ask.

    Answer by momkaribg at 8:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • where do you live? My son is autistic and has CAP medicaid. His cap pays for his pull ups as well as a one to one worker a certain number of hours a week. first you have to get a case manager and they can get the ball rolling for you to get the services you need for her

    Answer by iramom at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • Have you seen about getting into the Medicaid waiver program? I think that's the only way you can get them, and I don't really know what the requirements are, but I worked with an agency in Chattanooga for disabled adults, and the waiver program did provide them.

    Answer by elasmimi at 11:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

  • I'm sure someone at the health dept. would know.

    Answer by Pnukey at 5:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • i would call and ask social services...they have lists of places to help

    Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • hope you find some help!

    Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • You need to talk to a worker at the social services office. Your doctor will probably have to have a statement saying they are medically needed.

    Answer by aj23 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.