Smoking:( I need emergency advice!

I am 20 weeks pregnant and I smoke 5-7 ciggarettes every day. I have stopped off and on throughout my pregnancy, but I just can't quit......I feel guilty and depressed about it and I KNOW it's not good for the baby. I need some real help and I don't want to tell my midwife.HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• Honestly if is not good but you will be alright. My friend was the same way and her doctor told her to pay attention also to her eating. Low birth weight often happens because when you smoke you really dont eat after. She did that and her baby was almost 10 lbs. Be honest with the midwife though. I dont think she will slap you or anything. She needs to know.

Answer by gemgem at 1:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Get an electronic ciggarette, they are not harmful, and at 5-7 a day, your body isn't all that dependent on nicotine,, at best allow yourself 3 a day,, and try not to inhale deep.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I felt the same way. one day my aunts friend saw me smoking and she turned me on to an antioxidant drink called Levive. I bought a box of the on the go packages after I finished the bottle she gave me. it worked for me... I would not keep smoking if I were you because it makes you nausious after a while and it harms the baby's respiratory system.

www.ardysslife.com/reshapinglifestyles
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 1:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yea your right its a bad habbit but if u waunt quit buy chips u like or candy eat these when u crave smokes good luck
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2011