A new way to get the point across to your husband or SO............ adult content

Sugar bear, I would like you to do ________.

I see more posts asking "why can't my husband take the hint"

because you didn't say what you actually wanted is my guess.

I've been called subtle as a train wreck, but in almost 15 years of being together I've never heard my husband complain that he has no idea what I want from him! He may often wish he didn't know what I want since he sometimes doesn't want to have to do _______ and _______, but being unclear on my wishes is not a common problem in this household!

And that includes the bedroom too. If I want it, I just tell him flat out that I want it.

May want to give it a try ladies. A lot of problems I keep hearing about seem to come from not being clear on your wishes. I'm not saying that it will mean that he will always do what you ask, but it's better than getting upset because he didn't get the hint!

Edit: OK, fine. here it is in the form of the quesiton:

Isn't it a wonderful idea to just tell men flat out what you want rather than hinting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, what was your question again? Oh, you meant to put this in journals, right?
    Anonymous

• thank you theMOMmission! I know I'm going to get called a B*tch and a traitor for this post, but I really do think that it's in our best interest to be clear.
    thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yup, I completely agree. No hinting, no games. It's so simple to just let someone know what's on your mind or what you need or want. My husband appreciates it, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• That use to be one of my husbands and my issues, which fell under lack of communication. We were both at fault because we wouldnt say what we wanted or needed. But now we both just come out and say what we want or need and things are so much better. We fight less and are way happier. I would much rather tell him if he did something that bothered me or ask him to do something I want than hint around and have him and me get mad at eachother. I wouldnt trade what we have now for anything in the world. So yes it is much better and much healthier to just say it.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• NO bashing here- Someone had to say it! :-)
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 1:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes!!! Some of these questions are really starting to annoy me because the real issue is so repetitive! Come on ladies! No need to be coy or demure about it. Just hit him with it like a 2x4! Brutal honesty and clarification of your expectations is the easiest way to get what you want. If you have received a vacuum cleaner as a present from your spouse than you probobly should be listening to this. If you've never had an orgasm, than you should probobly be listening to this. If you are miserable at all, you probobly should be listening to this! Take full responsibility for your own happiness and Tell Him What You Want!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I love you Ms.Gwen! wonderful answer!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Me personally.

I am a flat out say what I need/want type of woman. Hints, subtleties and innuendos only work for somethings, and only half-ass work at that.. lol Lots of marital discord is caused by partners hinting, dropping clues or just expecting their partner to just "know" what they need or want. When most of the time, hints are not taken.. Clues aren't picked up on. And no one is a mind reader.

Being up front, and speaking honestly in regards to what you need, what you want is the only way to make sure your partner "gets it". Plus this approach also cuts down on the amount of miscommunication in the relationship, which of miscommunication is another big culprit behind marital discord.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I agree with you! I see so many women asking why their man does x, y, or z, why they don't do things around the house, etc, and all I want to know is why they don't talk to their spouse! So aggravating!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2011