How do I explain to my 7 year old little boy that he cannot kiss girl's on the playground?

My little boy kissed a girl in his class on the playground then supposedly was teasing her about it. He is in a very impressionable stage where he wants to be like the "big boys" though he has been somewhat sheltered from all of that "big city" stuff as he has been raised in the country. Can someone help me to make him understand how serious that can be to this girl's parents and how what he is doing is wrong!!

Jenniferceleste

Asked by Jenniferceleste at 6:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He is plenty old enough to start learning about imappropriate touching. You don't just kiss someone without their permission and you don't kiss at school. Period. I had to have this conversation with my FIVE yr old granddaughter who was kissing a boy in her class. Sheeeez..too young to start..to risky not to.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• They are babies still. It was harmless im sure. I wouldn't worry!
    Anonymous

• Just tell him that. He cannot do it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I teach first grade and I tell the kids that we don't kiss people at school. I tell them that they should only be kissing people in their family.
    Anonymous

• Well the comment about don't worry they are only babies isn't true. There could be real trouble! I would explain that there is a no kissing rule at school. If he has questions about that answer them truthfully. And also tell him that it is never okay to tease anyone. We have a rule "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" If students at my school break this rule they spend at least one recess writing an apology letter. They do a pretty good job of keeping mean thoughts to their self.

Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• First of all I think it is very sweet! I have a 7 y/o and I have told him that we do not do anything that would make someone else uncomfortable and give examples. Don't tell him he is WRONG, just that some people may not want to be kissed/touched. What he thinks is ok may not be ok to someone else and to ask if he is unsure.
    my_3

Answer by my_3 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2008